Happy Spring Break!

Well, we made it to Spring Break! I won’t lie, there have been days when I didn’t think this pause would ever come and I know that some of you have felt the same way.

I just want to shout out to all of you have been putting in the work to support us here in the classroom. Thank you to everyone who does their Wellness check every morning (we have had days where everyone gets it done! It’s AWESOME!). Thank you to each of you who encourages or “encourages” your student to complete their work, do their reading, take the quiz, finish the math and upload the project. That work at home allows your student to come in feeling the confidence of success and participate in our act it outs, debates and conversations.  Thank you to those of you who are driving your kids to school and then turning right around and picking them up again.  Thank you to those of you who are reminding your kids to join specialist meetings and class meetings and Wednesday meetings. Thank you for sending them with masks, and back up masks, and math books and computers and chargers and an attitude that all this effort matters.

All you parents out there lay the foundation for what I am able to do. And here in class we’ve been able to have math conversations, discuss and debate worldly conundrums, engage in peer revision, perform skits and explore improv games, we’ve had laughter and recess games and intense discussions and quiet focused work time.  Your kids are working hard and making progress and they can feel their strength and knowledge growing, thanks to the back up you are giving them.

So now, let’s all take a well deserve break. Go get some sun, have some fun, hang out with your cool kids. We’ll come back together for the last leg of this very odd school year journey in a week.

Be happy and healthy!

Cheers,
Ms. I

Published inTeacher's Notes

Be First to Comment