The Final Friday (with a 5th grade recognition video and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!)

Dear Families,

In other years, we have held an in person ceremony to honor and celebrate the achievements of our 5th graders.  This year, while we couldn’t get together, we wanted to bring us all together in spirit with a video celebration.  Please make the time to watch this video (about 45 minutes) with your 5th grader. If you want to get festive you can cheer and bring snacks.  To cap off our celebration, please join us on Monday from 4:30 to 5:30 in a drive through celebration at Carnation Elementary.  I will have awards and certificates to hand out and there will be a treat.

Looking forward to next week, please note that the PM class’s final in person day is Monday. That would be a good day to send back any at home school supplies (though those supplies can be brought back to the school Tuesday afternoon).  The AM class’s final in person day is Tuesday.  On Tuesday, we will be having an all class meeting from 9:30 – 10:30 so that we can all be together for one last time. There will be no meetings or content for the afternoon on Tuesday. Just go enjoy your summer!

Finally, I would like to thank you all for the utterly magnificent gift basket. I am overwhelmed by your kindness and love and insight into those things I love outside of teaching. As I told Tara & Tara when they came to share it with me today, you have all been so supportive and encouraging this year.  I have had people outside of our district ask me how I dealt with parents who were upset by their child’s experiences and I feel so fortunate to be able to say that I don’t have any of those parents. They all have my back and are an essential part to making this circus spectacular.  Thank you all for your generosity and support.  And now I’m itching to get back out into my garden! Here’s to hoping the rain lets up a little this weekend!

Happy Friday (the last one this school year!) and have a wonderful weekend.

Always,

Ms. I

Published inTeacher's Notes

Be First to Comment